Thursday, May 20, 2010

Marking

When tomorrow's work begins there won't be a way I can lie comfortably. From then until the end will be shifts of the skin-smiths, and chanting, and wiping of blood.

It all came together quickly.

I saw the first drawings. Gave some feedback; considered the aunt's comments. After the dance, though, the artists all wanted to make changes. I ended up dancing again for them: the dances Auntie Gytha taught me when I could barely walk, the Atamahara and Maa'Tushindor traditions, the Gallente dance I studied. What they wanted most were my dances. My version of the fire dance; Shura'aia; Plein Air; the water and fire sections of the cleansing series; even my improvisations to Verone's piano playing. I have danced myself for them and they have redesigned the marks for me.

It's going to be beautiful. Strong; fluid; graceful.

I want to wear this design. I want to be worthy of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment